From: <Volokh>, "Volokh, Eugene"
<vol...@law.ucla.edu<mailto:vol...@law.ucla.edu>>
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2014 at 8:03 AM
To: Law & Religion issues for Law Academics
<religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu<mailto:religionlaw@lists.ucla.edu>>
Subject: RE: "City subpoenas pastors' sermons in equal rights ordinance case"

               I did a bit of looking, and saw that a Colorado Civil Rights
Division panel interpreted a ban on “transgender status” discrimination to
indeed conclude that people (in that case, children) who are biologically male
but who self-identify as female are legally entitled to use women’s restrooms.
It thus seems that the claims that the Houston ordinance would have such an
effect were at least defensible and possibly quite correct, unless I’m missing
something here.