"People can debate to what extent this should matter, but I should note
that the funding criteria in Trinity Lutheran seem to be pretty
nondiscretionary as these things go."

FWIW, and as many of you know, I'm one who thinks it matters a great deal
(see pp.22-25 of http://balkin.blogspot.com/olc.charitablechoice.pdf); and
that, at least from the looks of the document to which Eugene linked, this
is as strong a case as can be imagined on the "permissible" side of the
line, since there appears to be virtually no room for government assessment
of the relative value, or merits, of the institutions applying for the
grants, or of the substance of what happens within them--the criteria
appear to be entirely neutral and objective.  I hope the Court stresses
this aspect of the program.