Try the spending power.  But why would Congress want to do this, rather
than leave it to each state? And if Congress did, why not include a
provision that would specify that the law does not apply to exemptions that
would cause significant harm to third parties?

--
Ira C. Lupu
F. Elwood & Eleanor Davis Professor of Law, Emeritus