I assume this is correct under the facts here — but if it were on the seal
continuously from 100+ years ago, I assume it would be ok.  But here, with it
being off, then being put back on, it gets the feel religious
motivation/intent/purpose, running afoul of Lemon.

Thoughts?

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-la-county-seal-cross-20160407-story.html

--
Prof. Steven D. Jamar
Assoc. Dir. of International Programs

"I care not what subject is taught if only it be taught well."

Thomas H. Huxley