Dear Colleagues,

I am pleased to announce the publication of "Law and Religion in an
Increasingly Polarized America," a symposium issue of the Lewis & Clark Law
Review. The nine papers in the symposium offer a variety of perspectives on
religious accommodation and church-state boundaries, and all of the papers
can be found online at the following link:

https://law.lclark.edu/law_reviews/lewis_and_clark_law_review/past_issues/volume-20/volume-20-number-4-2017/

I am extremely grateful to the extraordinary group of scholars who agreed
to contribute to the symposium, and I do hope folks have an opportunity to
read all of the papers (the titles of which are listed below).

Best,

Jim Oleske

*SYMPOSIUM: LAW AND RELIGION IN AN INCREASINGLY POLARIZED AMERICA*

*The Disappearance of Religion from Debates about Religious Accommodation *
Kathleen A. Brady

*Religious Accommodation, Religious Tradition, and Political Polarization*
Marc O. DeGirolami

*Religion and Polarization: Various Relations and How to Contribute
Positively Rather than Negatively*
Kent Greenawalt

*Kingdom Without End? The Inevitable Expansion of Religious Sovereignty
Claims*
B. Jessie Hill

*If Liberals Knew Themselves Better, Conservatives Might Like them Better*
Andrew Koppelman

*Agora, Dignity, and Discrimination: On the Constitutional Shortcomings of
“Conscience” Laws that Promote Inequality in the Public Marketplace*
Ronald J. Krotoszynski, Jr.

*The Mystery of Unanimity in Hosanna-Tabor Evangelical Lutheran Church &
School v. EEOC*
Ira C. Lupu & Robert W. Tuttle

*A Regrettable Invitation to “Constitutional Resistance,” Renewed Confusion
over Religious Exemptions, and the Future of Free Exercise*
James M. Oleske, Jr.

*The Nonsense About Bathrooms: How Purported Concerns Over Safety Block
LGBT Nondiscrimination Laws and Obscure Real Religious Liberty Concerns*
Robin Fretwell Wilson