I'd like to try and minimize copy/paste in my reminder file, so my first stab was expression-pasting a variable something like
SET x "Check Cowboys score for yesterday's game (free coffee @Dunkin if they won)" REM Sep 9 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Sep 16 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Sep 23 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Sep 30 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Oct 7 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Oct 14 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Oct 21 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Nov 5 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Nov 11 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Nov 18 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Nov 25 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Nov 29 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Dec 6 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Dec 16 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Dec 23 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% REM Dec 30 2019 MSG %"[x]%"% so if I change the text, it updates everywhere. Note that there doesn't seem to be much predicatable about the dates (some are Sunday, some Monday, some Thur; there's a bye-week in there, etc). Things get even uglier if I want to then get pre-warning (e.g. I decide I want a day of notice so I need to add "+1" on every REM) or need different messages inside/outside the calendar (e.g. %"Check Cowboys score%" for free coffee% ) Is there a more elegant pattern I should be using for such disjoint lists of dates for an otherwise-the-same event? Thanks! -tim _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
