On 9/25/19 12:59 PM, dan d. wrote: > I use amazon echo devices.
> It occurs that the functionality of remind would be an obvious skill. Hmm... I'm not sure how that would work. How would you get something like the following into the speaker? #======================================================================== fset _garbhol(x) wkdaynum(x) == 3 && slide(x-3, 3) != x fset _garbdel() iif($Tw != 3, " (Delayed)", "") REM 7 November 2012 *14 AFTER OMITFUNC _garbhol MSG Black Box[_garbdel()] REM 31 October 2012 *14 AFTER OMITFUNC _garbhol MSG Garbage[_garbdel()] REM 31 October 2012 *14 AFTER OMITFUNC _garbhol MSG Blue Box[_garbdel()] #======================================================================== I don't think it would be very practical to try to read complicated reminders into the speaker. Maybe if it had a Web interface or something for entering the reminders... but I can't see many people using this. Wouldn't it make more sense to have the speaker integrated with your Google calendar (if it isn't already?) and just export Remind's output converted to iCal format? There are tools for creating iCal from Remind. What would be more interesting to me would be to use an open platform like a Raspberry Pi with Google's Speech-to-Text Cloud API (free if you convert < 60 minutes of text per month.) It's trivial to run Remind on an open system like a Pi. Regards, Dianne. _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
