On 2019-12-17 09:51, Dianne Skoll wrote: > On 2019-12-17 09:39, Retourné du Japon wrote: > > > Is there anyway to generate a weekly planner with the hours > > clearly indicated with remind? I'm thinking of something like > > https://www.studenthandouts.com/00/201503/Weekly-Hourly-Planner.pdf > > that would be filled by remind. > > Not currently. The best approach would be to post-process the > output of "remind -p". I'm happy to take patches or scripts to > make the planner! :)
I'm not adverse to taking a stab at it with a little scripting, though there are some odd edge-cases. - what should happen for all-day events? Put them above/below the given column? - do you want the complexity of cell-merging (if you have a 4hr event, should it be one cell that fills a 4hr block, or is it okay to have the event appear once in each of the 30min blocks)? - what should happen if 2+ events overlap (particularly if you're going for the cell-merging case in the previous question)? If you're not doing cell-merging, then the overlaping events can share cells and be repeated as-needed. - what sort of output format are you looking for? An HTML fragment (or full static page) is likely the easiest for me; possibly LaTeX but I'm a bit rusty there. PostScript/PDF are way beyond my investment in this ;-) - do you have any tweaks that you use regularly like "week starts on Monday rather than Sunday"? I've got a draft of some awk(1) script that is pretty close that I can refine. -tim _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
