Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I want to get notifications with notify-send, like you said:

remind '-knotify-send %s &' myreminder.rem

That works, but only when I run it, and it shows all the appointments
for today. I only want the next appointment to be showed up.

Also with the RUN command works, but I put it like this:

REM Tue AT 13:00 RUN notify-send "appointment"
REM Tue AT 13:00 MSG appointment

The second is to show up in the calendar with the '-c' option.

How can I implement this without putting two commands in the *.rem file
and just get the notification for the next appointment in notify-send or
dunst?

(may be in xinitrc to run as daemon)

Thanks


On 22/10/04 12:00PM, [email protected] wrote:
> Send Remind-fans mailing list submissions to
>       [email protected]
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>       https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>       [email protected]
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>       [email protected]
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Remind-fans digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>    1. Use remind with notify-send (julio)
>    2. Re: Use remind with notify-send (Dianne Skoll)
>    3. Re: Use remind with notify-send (julio)
>    4. Re: Use remind with notify-send (Dianne Skoll)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 15:00:38 -0500
> From: julio <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: [Remind-Fans] Use remind with notify-send
> Message-ID: <20221003200038.ohzorzngsu7niz7j@art>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> Hi,
>
> I was playing around with remind (very powerfull by the way), but I
> couldn't figure out how to run external commands, i.e., like notify-send
> to have notifications for a reminder or appointment.
>
> I think is the "-k" option, but I couldn't make it work.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> --
> Julio Cesar RAMIREZ CEBALLOS
> [email protected]
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 16:03:14 -0400
> From: Dianne Skoll <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Remind-Fans] Use remind with notify-send
> Message-ID: <[email protected]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>
> On Mon, 3 Oct 2022 15:00:38 -0500
> julio via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > I was playing around with remind (very powerfull by the way), but I
> > couldn't figure out how to run external commands, i.e., like
> > notify-send to have notifications for a reminder or appointment.
>
> > I think is the "-k" option, but I couldn't make it work.
>
> Yes, "-k" is the right option... what failures are you seeing?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dianne.
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 08:07:58 -0500
> From: julio <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Remind-Fans] Use remind with notify-send
> Message-ID: <20221004130758.24tvuelh5a7xuypl@art>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
> It was the "RUN" option, sorry.
> But how can I configure it to give me notifications before a specified
> time on all my appointments?
>
> On 22/10/03 03:00PM, julio wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was playing around with remind (very powerfull by the way), but I
> > couldn't figure out how to run external commands, i.e., like notify-send
> > to have notifications for a reminder or appointment.
> >
> > I think is the "-k" option, but I couldn't make it work.
> >
> > Thanks for your help!
> >
> > --
> > Julio Cesar RAMIREZ CEBALLOS
> > [email protected]
>
> --
> Julio Cesar RAMIREZ CEBALLOS
> [email protected]
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2022 09:10:36 -0400
> From: Dianne Skoll <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: Re: [Remind-Fans] Use remind with notify-send
> Message-ID: <[email protected]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=US-ASCII
>
> On Tue, 4 Oct 2022 08:07:58 -0500
> julio via Remind-fans <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > It was the "RUN" option, sorry.
>
> OK.
>
> > But how can I configure it to give me notifications before a specified
> > time on all my appointments?
>
> Do you mean advanced warning?  Something like this?
>
>    REM 2022-10-14 AT 15:30 +15 *5 MSG Appointment %2.
>
> That will start reminding 15 minutes before the appointment and remind
> every 5 minutes until 15:30.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dianne.
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Subject: Digest Footer
>
> _______________________________________________
> Remind-fans mailing list
> [email protected]
> https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
> Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> End of Remind-fans Digest, Vol 206, Issue 1
> *******************************************

--
Julio Cesar RAMIREZ CEBALLOS
[email protected]
(+52) 442 437 9643
_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to