On 2022-11-26 21:30, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote: > > FSET calprefix(x) iif(icon=="", "", icon) > > How is that different from: > > FSET calprefix(x) icon
Hah, there's actually a bit more logic behind it that I stripped out. I'd set both a 7-bit ASCII "icon" and an optional "emoji" variable, and a function pics between them. > Shouldn't it just work? In your main reminder file: > > SET icon "" > FSET calprefix(x) icon > > In birthday.rem: > > SET icon "???? " > REM ... MSG Someone's Birthday > # .. etc > SET icon "" Huh, I'm not sure what I did wrong in there, but I cleared out all my attempts (yay for `git reset`) and re-tried it as you described, and indeed, it works perfectly. Well, except for differing emoji support in xterm vs. rxvt, but that's not remind(1)'s problem. :-) But now with $SuppressLRM I can resume using xterm. Now all my birthday events have cake, my anniversaries have hearts, etc. So much to be thankful for in this season of thanksgiving! -tim _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
