Howdy, A bit of backstory for this. I have a project that sets up i3 to be screen reader accessible. It does a few other things like adds window event sounds, makes it possible to alt+tab between windows, etc. It is called I38 and is located at:
https://git.stormux.org/storm/I38 One thing that is missing is a good way to get reminders. Applications that offer that functionality are either completely inaccessible, or require a tray which is inaccessible, at least so far. Even trayer doesn't read, and it's gtk, so I'm not sure what's going on there. Now that I have reminders working with notifications, I wanted a simple interface so that users would be able to add new reminders, view existing reminders, and possibly edit/delete them. I am currently working on a script that uses yad to provide said functionality. It is coming along nicely and already has the ability to add recurring reminders, select day(s), time, and add the reminder message. One small problem is, I can't just use the calendar component of yad, because for whatever reason, gtk doesn't expose the calendar information to Orca, so it's totally inaccessible. I got around that by making my own with a form with checkboxes for days, range buttons for hour and minute, and a combo box for am/pm. It works well with the screen reader, but I'm not sure how visually appealing it is. So, I was wondering if there would be any interest in this outside the I38 community, and if anyone here would like to see the script and possibly provide feedback? It's still very much a work in progress. Also, for bonus points, if anyone is interested in helping write the script, that would totally rock. Thanks for reading my long winded message. :) Thanks, Storm -- ⛈🐲 Accessible low cost computers for everyone! https://stormux.org Stormux Code Repository: https://git.stormux.org/storm/stormux https://git.stormux.org/storm/configure-stormux Stormux Shop: https://stormux.org/shop/ Get my public PGP key: gpg --recv-key 43DDC193 Most of you are familiar with the virtues of a programmer. There are three, of course: laziness, impatience, and hubris. Support Stormux: https://ko-fi.com/stormux
signature.asc
Description: PGP signature
_______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
