(repost without code sample, the first attempt caused mail server dianne.skoll.ca to be unhappy...)
I would suggest option 1.5. :-) The regional files should include all the public holidays for that region, thus also include the national holidays. The country file should include the national holidays only. Basically I see the country file as a synthetic region meaning this is a holiday in all regions. I'm not using remind for work. But at work, for some things, we need to distinguish whether a holiday is a public holiday in ALL of Switzerland's cantons or not. You probably are aware of the python holidays library "holidays" https://pypi.org/project/holidays which does a pretty good job with definitions of pubic holidays. Might serve as a good starting point for populating your holidays directory. On Sun, Nov 03, 2024 at 09:01:16AM -0500, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote: > Hi, > > > > Seeking opinions about how to structure the holiday files I ship with > > Remind. Which of the following do you prefer? > > ... _______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
