Hi, everyone, I've spent the last few days hacking away at the Python holidays library (https://pypi.org/project/holidays/). I made some atrocious modifications that I'm too embarrased to think about, plus some even more atrocious Perl post-processing code, but the upshot is we end up with all the holiday files in this commit:
https://git.skoll.ca/Skollsoft-Public/Remind/commit/dea14be2d52e1353859ff02da4c57beb78b6a54d Please take a look. Some caveats: 1) I've tried to preserve the holiday semantics as much as possible, translating the Python logic into Remind logic. But I may have missed some things that could result in either missing holidays or movable holidays incorrectly being specified for a non-movable date. Please check! 2) Any holidays relying on non-Gregorian calendars (like Persian, Islamic or Jewish holidays) are either missing or wrong. 3) I had to use a judgement call as to whether or not a holiday deserved an OMIT or merely a REM. I decided that all holidays specified in the Python project as 'public' or 'government' should get an OMIT; everything else gets a REM. 4) Holidays that only get a REM on the national level that deserve an OMIT in a subregion level don't get that OMIT... they just get the national-level REM. I don't think there are many of those... maybe not even any? Regards, Dianne.
pgpdG3nGWwQOa.pgp
Description: OpenPGP digital signature
_______________________________________________ Remind-fans mailing list [email protected] https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/
