Hello - I have had alias cal='remind -m -cu+3 -@1,0 ~/.reminders' in my
.profile for about a million years, and it's always worked great! It
stopped working on one system recently -- the columns are no longer aligned.

I tracked it down to an environment change, in Ubuntu 24.04.1,
/etc/profile.d/01-locale-fix.sh now sets LANG=C.UTF-8, which makes the
columns look weird (all line types, l, u and c).

This works great (with 04.03.01, the version shipped in noble):

$ LANG=C remind -m -c+1 ~/.reminders

But this produces broken columns:

$ LANG=C.UTF-8 remind -m -c+1 ~/.reminders

I verified it also built a fresh remind 5.03.00, just to verify it's
not already fixed.

I can just change LANG, but thought I would report the bug here!

Thanks, Tavis.

-- 
 _o)            $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
 /\\  _o)  _o)  $ finger [email protected]
_\_V _( ) _( )  @taviso

_______________________________________________
Remind-fans mailing list
[email protected]
https://dianne.skoll.ca/mailman/listinfo/remind-fans
Remind is at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Reply via email to