Hi

I do not think there is a standard accross all radio
systems.
My experience comming from a telecommunications/
microwave background I still use 600 Ohm feeds to my
repeaters.
My standard is -10 dbm for 60% system
deviation(excluding PL)Remember PL tones are generally
attenuated due to the standard telco spec of
300-3400hz band pass-anyfrequency outside of this is
not guarenteed.This stems from the old analog
multiplexed systems where guard bands were needed to
elliminate crosstalk.
The reason is simplicity and generally before each
inpur/output I have balanced pads so I can use my audi
test units accurately.
Most commercial systems have a wide manual setting
allowing the user to chose their own standard.

Perhaps mention what make of system you are putting
together.

Most of my uhf linked systems are all 600 / balanced
and uniform.

If you are going this route remember to be careful
between terminated /unterminated reading-difference of
6dB .

Regards

Bradley Glen  zs5WT node:8300
UHF linked repeaters linked on UHF.(Naturn)

http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250