Spectrum sounds like the company I used to work for, Electronics Line, makers
of  crappy PIRs and security transmitters. When taking transmitters out of
the warehouse and checking them out, they drifted from + 1kc+ off frequency to
-
1kc+ as they warmed up. When I asked about temperature compensation, was told
to mind my own business. Quit shortly thereafter. It's always easy to get one
through FCC certification, then forget about the added components on the
rest. These units only worked on frequency when the temperature was 72 degrees.
still get calls asking what to do about this crappy product and my advice to
them is "round file them and replace them with a quality brand."

Stick with a reliable and proven brand.

Art - KC7GF