I'm on the Dallas Semiconductor MAXIM Engineering Journal subscriber
list, and today received Volume Forty-Nine, which includes a three
page article entitled "Automatic fan control techniques: Trends in
cooling high-speed chips".

I cool the 30W Maxtrac PA's in my 900 repeaters by running them at
15-18W and turning a fan on/off with PTT from the controller. The
MAXIM approach has some neat ideas for more sophisticated people,
however.

There's also an article in the same issued on "Base station FR power
amplifier biasing" tha tmight interest some people.

Check it out at www.maxim-ic.com.

No, I have no connection with these folks other than being on their
mailing list.

73,

Vester N8EKA