I have done basically the same thing at two different repeater sites.
(one in Sioux City, Iowa & the other in Portland, Oregon) Oregon uses a GP-9 &
the Iowa uses the GP-15.  Both work excellent & use the the comet diplexer to
split between UHF & VHF.

Remember to add together the power output of ALL transmitters connected to
that antenna and make sure that TOTAL figure is WELL UNDER the maximum power
rating for that antenna.