Mike, a local ham had several Mitreks he sold to me at his cost,
picked up 6 but bad PA's on 2 -> not a problem since I'm using two
Mitreks (RX/TX) for the repeater. As far as the great debate between
time vs. money, the Mitrek conversion is great for someone with lots
of time and doesn't want to spend much money on the RF portion of the
repeater. Being a college professor, I don't have the kind of time it
will take to build a whole system on the Mitrek so I'm switching back
to the GE's after this is done. Will probably keep it in the garage
for local rptr and testbed, maybe HF link with home QTH TS-690SAT.

I had on MastrIIe donated to the project and I've picked up a couple
of GE MastrII base station/rprts on ebay for a good price, I think I
paid in the $75-100 range (without cont. duty PA's - actually its
easy to fit a fan over the base int duty PA). I just keep watching
ebay and usually my patience is rewarded. I have a VHF low base that
I was considering putting on 6M for fill coverage but may just stick
with UHF. I think Bud Wolfe is selling 40 watt UHF cont duty PA's in
the 200 dollar range which is not bad. He wants 500 I think for 100
watt UHF. I'm only looking for local coverage to area hospitals down
here and perhaps an IRLP link so 40 watts is fine. It's perfectly
flat here so at 150+ feet on top of two hospitals 15 miles apart and
40 ft feedline runs to roof should cover the Chaleston metropolitan
area reasonably well with inside handheld coverage to the main
hospitals.

I'll send you the Mitrek file probably after the first of the year.
If you want the raw file for the interface board PCB
(http://www.expresspcb.com/), I'll be happy to send that at well. I
may do another board to fit in the MastrII base where the TX CG sits
in the exciter drawer - want to incorporate the DSL-100 limiter board
and SS-64 TX CG. Did you get the Mitrek temp vs. time file photos I
sent last week?

John, N4SJW

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, Mike Morris WA6ILQ
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 02:29 AM 12/16/03 +0000, you wrote:
>
> >Mike, send me an email to my home qth: [EMAIL PROTECTED] and I'll
> >send you some notes in MS Word with pictures on my current Mitrek
> >project. I have been a die hard MastrII kind of guy but always
wanted
> >to try a Mitrek conversion and recently got a bunch of T44 Mitreks
> >for $10/each.
>
> Where did you find that kind of a deal?
>
> >  I wound up building an interface board (PCBExpress)
>
> I'd be interested in seeing that board.
>
> >I normally use the base station MastrII's and with the NHRC
> >plug in controllers, can literally have a repeater up and running
> >on a good Saturday.
>
> Where do you find Mastr II bases?
>
> Mike WA6ILQ

Yahoo! Groups Links