I have a Harris Alpha 2000 UHF (ex radio telephone) running full
duplex service, which has been in service for 7 years now... Great
radio.

We had some recent additions to the spectrum in Vancouver, so I had
to remove my preamp. When I did, I noticed that the carrier hangtime
of the repeater had a lot of noise on it.

I was in the repeater shack talking to myself, when my buddy came on
and keyed up and said "Your transmit audio is WAAAAAY to low". To
myself (I was thinking) I said out loud "you must be on crack, I
havent touched anything". Then, to my suprise, he replied....

Then I realized all I had to do was yell at the casing, and he heard
me fine....

This is the only one of these repeaters I have in service that is
this way, and I dont think it was before. My old frequency generator
is also microphonic, but that is ancient. Is it something to do with
synthesizers? What causes a repeater to become microphonic?

Dave Cameron
VE7LTD

Yahoo! Groups Links

To visit your group on the web, go to: