It's been a while since I worked on one, but isn't there just a UHF
connector at the top end?  If so, just add a double-male and a double-female
adapter in line to extend the length.

Note it's not a "stub", it's a piece of transmission line that is less than
1/4 wave in length, therefore it is a capacitor.  The dielectric is slid in
and out to vary the dielectric constant between the center and shield, i.e.
it is a dielectric-tuned variable capacitor.

                                                --- Jeff

---------
Jeff DePolo WN3A
Broadcast and Communications Consultant