Sent: Friday, January 23, 2004 7:04 AM
Subject: RE: [Repeater-Builder] Bad price from Cook!

Decibel quit making the ham-band DB420 (S-420-440-450) as of Jan 1 this year.  From what I was told, the harnesses for that antenna and other low-volume custom jobs were hand-made in Mexico.  Either that plant was closing, or the contract house in Mexico that was making them was closing, whichever the case.

The standard DB420B (450-470) works well in the ham band anyway, usually better than 15 dB return loss down to 442 MHz.  The low-split DB420A (406-420) works OK up to about 433 MHz.

The broadband Sinclair dipole arrays are excellent antennas, but they are pricey.

If anybody is building a 420/430 link hub or the like and needs any low-split dipole arrays, I have a DB411 (brand new) and a DB420 (used, very good condition) for 406-420 (pickup only in Philadelphia area).
                                                                      --- Jeff

---------
Jeff DePolo WN3A
Broadcast and Communications Consultant