At 12:23 AM 1/28/2004 -0000, you wrote:
>them..  some dont.  I am running an X-500HNA at 160 feet for a low
>powered UHF repeater, and a packet station on VHF.  When the ice came
>through NC the past few days, the thing wouldn't have lasted over 20
>MPH if the wind blew.

<---FWIW, I ran an X-500 at the 10,023 foot level, on Mt. Haleakala on the
island of Maui for many years (it was for a digipeater) and it survived not
only 80+ MPH winds, it survived them with over an inch of ice on it.

Yea I know.. Hawaii never gets snow or ice :-)

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers
and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Our new Repeater Audio Delay (RAD) board is now shipping!
Compatible with many controllers!
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net

Yahoo! Groups Links