Can anyone tell me about the programming cable for the Kenwood TKR-
850. I just purchased the repeater but did not want to pay what
seemed like alot of $$ for a programming cable.  I want to be able to
setup the radio when it arrives, so I am going to build up my own
programming cable.

There is only one small picture in a copy of a manual I have found on
the net that shows the data in/out connections to the radio mic jack.
Does any know if these are true RS232 or TTL signals required?  Can I
just use a MAX232 circuit to convert from my DB9 Serial to the RJ
connector on the radio?

Thanks in advance for any info - Jim K7RNR