I have one of the micors like you are using, same gas-fet, dci 4 bay
filter and duplexor also. The gas-fet is the single biggest item of
gain, and would mention if you have easy access try changing just that
to a bi-polar and do only one thing at a time because without being
there it is hard to say what one or 2 things will have the biggest
effect on filtering your signal in and the others out. You might want to
snoop the new paging company tx and offer a low pass filter to them to
try as an experiment. I had to use a 5 bay helical from a mastr2 to
suppress the inner-mod with the gas-fet and at times it still gets some
noise, I am about to build the ramsey pr10 that Kevin suggests on the
repeater builder and see if that can run just a 2 bay helical with it
having it's own tunable circuit. The antenna spacing sounds close, is
there another high band antenna you can move to for a few weeks to test
with, the micor is a great radio for selectivity and I wonder what the
attenuator pad is for?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> A question to all you repeater guru's out there. Have a repeater in a high
> noise environment at a large TV tower site. Lots of pagers, FM transmitters, 2
> ways, etc on this tower.  My Super Stationmaster 2 meter antenna is just 5
> feet
> away from a bed spring style 45 kw FM transmitter on 101.5 MHz.  My repeater
> is a Canadian mobile Micor along with Wacom duplexer and a circulator on Tx
> side. Have a DB 4062 cavity can tuned to bandpass Rx between duplexer and
> receiver.  Works OK but the 1000 feet of 7/8 hard line has a great effect on
> the Rx
> side of the repeater.  Also a new paging tenant might be blanking the Rx out
> of my repeater. Putting the repeater at the base of the antenna is not
> possible. I would like to improve the receive side of the repeater. Have the
> following
> equipment available:
> Advanced Receiver Pre amp  GaAsFET P144VDG
> Telewave TWPC-1005-1 pass cavity 88 - 108 mhz
> DB 4062 WC-B 143-156 mhz 6 can duplexer
> Wacom 641 duplexer 4 can  (second set)
> Kay switchable attenuator pad
> DCI bandpass 144-148 filter
> DB 4048 cavity cans (2) from disassembled duplexer
> What would be the best choice and hook up to increase the Rx sensitivity and
> keep the noise out of the receiver? Any help would be really appreciated.
> Gary   K2UQ

73...Clark Beckman N8PZD

Pursuant to U.S. Code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, ß227,
"Any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee of $500.00 U.S.".
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.