From: ka0ies <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Mar 15, 2004 1:04 PM
To: Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Re: 6M duplexers using C02 bottles ?

I would recommend going at this rather carefully.  Where I used to
work we had CO2 piped in around the plant in liquid form and they did
it in steel pipe. Whenever someone would make a new connection to the
valves in the system it was normal to blow out the crud from the
lines before making the connection.  It turns out that in the liquid
form the CO2 is somewhat corrosive to the inside of the pipes and the
valves being the low points in the system would collect all kinds of
rust and other debris that was traveling in the system.

I guess what I am saying is open up one of the tanks and see what
condition the inside surface of it is.  It might be rough and rusty
and not feasible to clean up and silver plate.