Thanks Eric, all good points.

I am lending the repeater to the local club because they want to try 440 in
addition to their current 2M machine. They have close ties with the site
owner (club member) and that helps. Basically, I have a spare UHF repeater
sitting on the shelf and I'd prefer it to be in use. Other than that, my
obligation will likely end there and the club will maintain it through the
loan period. I agree on clarification and I plan on putting it all in
writing so that everyone remains friends.

Thanks - Rob, N1NTE

At 03:08 PM 3/28/2004 -0800, you wrote:

>Rob,
>
>You are to be commended for your generosity.  It may be a good idea to
>clarify the reason for this loan, to avoid serious misunderstandings in
>the future.  Some issues that may need to be addressed are:
>
>1.  What call sign will the repeater have?  This determines who must
>take responsibility for the proper coordination of a frequency pair.  It
>also identifies who is the Control Operator.
>2.  What insurance is required, and who will pay the premiums when they
>come due?
>3.  Who will maintain the equipment?  Does he/she have the appropriate
>test equipment and knowledge?
>4.  Who will pay the electric power and telephone access bills, if
>applicable?
>5.  How will access to the repeater equipment be controlled?  Who will
>have keys and control codes?
>6.  What steps are taken to eliminate intermodulation with other RF
>sources at the site?
>7.  Are the geodetic position and elevation of the antenna's radiation
>center accurately known?  Don't assume that other users at the site are
>using the correct coordinates on the NAD83 datum.
>8.  Since you are lending rather than donating this repeater equipment,
>what control over it do you intend to exercise?  Moreover, for what
>responsibilities and obligations will you continue to be liable?
>
>If the repeater will be sharing space at a commercial tower site, make
>sure that all agreements are in writing.  You'd be surprised at the
>number of Amateur repeaters that were installed by a verbal agreement,
>but were later kicked off the site because a new owner or manager
>couldn't find any record of the sharing agreement.
>
>73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY
>
>Rob N1NTE wrote:
> >
>I am going to loan one of my repeaters to a local ham club. Does anyone
>have an agreement/contract written up for something like this? I've got
>some basics in mind but looking for things I didn't think of.
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links
>

>---
>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

---