You will probably want to add about 1/2 inch to each end of each loop,
this will be tedious but a short time ago on the reflector someone
posted pictures of drilling thru the end of the loop and adding a bolt
to effectively increase the size of the loop, it was a high band model
but the same idea as what we face in hamville, move the freq lower. I
thought about this drilling into the outer radius of the aluminum tubing
where the area drawn over a mandrel where the wall thickness is at it's
thinnest and it doesn't sound like a good idea, a safer method would be
to add stainless straps to both sides and drill thru the side area where
the wall thickness has not drastically changed thereby not comprimising
the structural integrity, adding a strip of pvc across the parallel
sections to secure the inner end of the strip would be a good idea,
sandwich the pvc with the metal and go from one side to the other of the
parallel section so that it passes thru the middle keeping the metal
centered. Of course stainless fastners will make outdoor life a long
lasting assembly even though the strength is about 1/3 that of ferrous
iron screws and nuts it is still the best way to meet the aluminum,
number 10 or 5mm would work fine and if you can find stainless nylon
locknuts it will live almost forever.

Mathew Quaife wrote:

> Possible to get a copy, actually all I need to know is what needs to be
> done, if anything to bring the SWR down to use it at 442.000/447.000.
> Thanks.
>
> Mathew

73...Clark Beckman N8PZD

Pursuant to U.S. Code, title 47, Chapter 5, Subchapter II, ß227,
"Any and all nonsolicited commercial E-mail sent to this address
is subject to a download and archival fee of $500.00 U.S.".
E-mailing denotes acceptance of these terms.