> §97.213 Telecommand of an amateur station.
> An amateur station on or within 50 km of the Earth's surface may be
> under telecommand where:
>
> (a) There is a radio or wireline control link between the control
> point and the station sufficient for the control operator to perform
> his/her duties.

This is good for a LOT of things.  I occasionally hear people complain that
IRLP, Echolink, & eQSO systems are not legal because they are not
controllable.

If the operator of a IRLP/Echolink/eQSO system has his system set up for
control over the internet that is legal, according to the FCC statement in
97.213a.  I have a repeater located about 2000 miles away from me which I
monitor and control thru an internet connection.  Several times people have
accused me of not being legal because I can not control my station.
OBVIOUSLY, they are wrong.