At 03:17 PM 4/17/04 +0000, you wrote:

>I have an academic question for the group (point me to a manual or
>online reference if needed).
>
>If one was to build a VHF repeater, say 10W transmit, two antennas
>and no duplexer, what is the minimum frequency separation needed?
>
>I know it depends on a lot of things, such as power, receiver front
>end, vertical and horizontal ant sep, etc.
>
>Any rule of thumb?
>
>73 tom

Vertical is more effective than horizontal since increasing the vertical
moves the receiving antenna further out of the pattern than increasing
the horizontal, and using horizontal separation really increases the
feedline losses.

These may help:
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/pix/vertsep.jpg>
<http://www.repeater-builder.com/pix/horizsep.jpg>