   Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:59:17 -0700
   From: Mike Morris WA6ILQ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Audio problems revisited

>kd4ydc<
>
>As I had mentioned before the county has stuck a trunking (825mhz?)
panel
>antenna about 3 to 5 feet away from the repeater antenna.  They are in
>the "testing" mode right now.  So it has been hard to say if this is
>it...or something else.

>wa6ilq<
Can you get details on the trunking equipment that feeds the
new antenna?  Maybe park a scanner on the channel? (channels?)

If you have problems only when the scanner says the channel is live,
then you have it...

And it may not be front end overload...

Years ago I had a UHF repeater at a site and another group moved
a 2m box into the adjacent cabinet.  No problems...  I swapped out
controllers one day (which required building  a new harness) and
all of a sudden had a new problem...  That's when I discovered that
you don't make audio harness a 1/4 wave long when you have a
250w transmitter 3 feet away...

>Any other ideas?    I do plan on taking some cleaning spray to this
>"restricted" site the next visit :-)
>Thanks and 73,
>Robert

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!