I think you are expecting a miracle here and I doubt anyone on this list is
going to be able to give you an exact answer.

My suggestion is that you take two synthesized rigs and try different
frequency separations. If you can accomplish the task with ham rigs, then
you should be able to substitute a commercial transmitter and receiver and
just, if you're lucky, have enough extra headroom to make it work reliably.

My gut feeling is that you won't be able to accomplish what you are setting
out to do at that small distance and stay within the ham band without the
aid of a can or two.

Chuck Kelsey
WB2EDV