While I suspect that you are interested in VHF and UHF, one method
that I used to calibrate an HF QRP wattmeter that I built was to use
a scope to measure the voltage into a 50 ohm load using a "T",
then calculate the power and compare it to the wattmeter reading.
The wattmeter worked up into the VHF region.

I used my Tektronix 200 mhz digital scope which was especially
accurate.  You could also use an RF voltmeter, like the HP410c.
Except for the Tektronix which was purchased new (and will be out
of calibration), I don't really have anything that traces to the
NIST.

Micheal Salem N5MS