At 02:54 PM 4/27/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>The duplexers are a set of TX/RX duplexers, six of them.  When you say a 3db
>pad, that is something that I am not sure of, is this basically the same
>thing as a db pad used in CATV systems?

<---Yes they are the same CONCEPT, but CATV ones would be 72 (75?) ohm.
You, of course, need 50 ohm ones. The idea behind using them is to present
an accurate 50 ohm load on the duplexer ports, because a change of load
affects the tuning. If you don't have any, I'd suggest begging or borrowing
some from a buddy :-)

All I know is that the duplexers were set up as a Varinotch filter system.

<---If I'm not mistaken, that's a notch type duplexer. Aside from visiting
TX/RX's website (to see if you can locate tuning instructions), you might
want to check out this link as well:

http://www.repeater-builder.com/rbtip/notchduptuning.html

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Be sure to see our products at this year's Dayton Hamvention!
Repeater Builders spaces 707 through 710
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net