At 10:35 AM 5/5/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>Well, I considered that too.  However, after further study of isolators (and
>discussing my situation with a manufacturer of isolators) I discovered that
>a VHF isolator will not stop signals in the 800MHz range from passing
>through it.  An isolator should work great if I was dealing with several VHF
>transmitters at the same level on the tower.

<---What bothers me here about using a circulator is that you say it only
occurs when your TX is active. This doesn't sound like IM to me, as that
would occur regardless of whether the tx was active or not (IM is produced
when external RF comes down the TX line and mixes in the PA stages. This
does NOT require that the PA actually be making power).

It sounds more like a classic case of mixing. Have you run all the freqs
involved to see where the possibles might be?

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
Be sure to see our products at this year's Dayton Hamvention!
Repeater Builders spaces 707 through 710
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net