I've seen some of the other posts.  You should be running
a dual port circulator in addition to the proper duplexer.

You mention the 7/8 line is used. If you remove the
connector from any end and the line is not shinny, clean
the oxide off with a brass brush and replace the connector
back on the cable.  If the oxide color is really dark, you
have moisture leakage in the cable and that's really bad
news.

If the PD220-2 antenna is over 10 years old, consider
trying a swap out. I have replaced a number of aged PD
antennas, which (along with station masters) can become
IMD generators when placed in modest proximity to other
antennas (and metal objects).

You can measure the system desense of the terminated
feed, which will provide additional clues.

You should try for min 1/4 wave spacing (at vhf) from
the 800Mhz antennas, where possible.

cheers
skipp

www.radiowrench.com

> "Richard Sharp, KQ4KX" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi gang,
>
> Our club was allowed space (no cost) on top of a 400' tower using an
> existing 7/8" line.  The existing UHF antenna was replaced (by the
club)
> with a PD220-2 (142~150 range) antenna.  The coverage is very good.
> However, on occasion when users with HTs or during a squelch tail
the IMD is
> audible.  I have added cavity filters to both the rx & tx and the
IMD is