Here is a link to a modification for the DB series of antenna

http://www.w4dex.com/kc4fwc/modify.htm

Lloyd KD4HTW

W8KT <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I have a DB-224 that is on 161 Mhz. I have heard that these are
broad-banded, but this one seems to very narrow. I had planned on using
it on my 2 meter machine, but cannot in its current state. I have the
following questions:

1. Is the narrow bandwidth normal?

2.. Is there a way to "tune" this antenna?

3. Is it cost prohibitive to order a new harness on my freq?

4. Does anyone have a good condition unit that will tune to 2 meters?

5. I several very nice Super Stationmasters, would thse provide the same
service quality as the folded dipole?

Thanks,

Bob