In Hawaii, we did something similar. Our UHF repeater was at the 10,023
foot level (Mt. Haleakala, on Maui). We wanted coverage on the north shore
of the Big Island (Hawaii) and good coverage on the major parts of Maui. As
such, we had one 5 element yagi facing south and one facing north, but
downtilted towards most of Maui (while Haleakala is quite high, the summit
is only 8 miles or so line-of-sight to the major portions of Maui. Hence
the downtilt). They were fed through a 2 port power divider.

The setup worked quite well but bear in mind two factors:

1) Receive power is only half of what you'd have on a single antenna (power
splitter reciprosity, right?)

2) Aperture gain is less using this method, versus 10' worth of vertical
stick.

Ken

At 01:27 AM 5/25/2004 -0000, you wrote:
>I have a crazy thought, but I want to get some opinions.  Here is
>what I am thinking, only becuase I can construct them very cheaply.
>As opposed to using a verticle, what would I expect if I used 4 10
>element verticle beams, one point to NWSE, coupled with a power
>divider.  My objective in this thought is to foward the gain to the
>areas that are of most interest.  I am sure that I will see a few
>dead areas, but should be minimal.  Has anyone had any expierience
>with this.  This is for a 2 meter repeater, antennas will be up
>about 100 feet.  Fed with 7'8" hardline.  Thanks.
>
>Mathew
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net