I have a 605TQ that I sometimes run cross-band during emergency services
events...  that way I can use a VX-5 on it's lowest power setting (to
extend battery life) remotely to the car, and it works great.  Very simple
to setup..  just set the VFO's for the desired freq's... power
down...  then power up while depressing the "primary" VFO button.  Only for
70cm to 2m, or vice versa.  The 605 will go out of band...  but not a good
idea to do so, as it is not type accepted for that kind of use.  I also
would not recommend it for continuos duty.  They 605 gets pretty warm in
heavy use... fans might solve the heat issue.  But I think 2 Moto's and a
R.I.C.K. would be a much better choice for dependability.

What, exactly, did you have in mind?

73's
Mike K5JMP

At 09:06 AM 05/30/04 -0700, you wrote:
>My view is that a crossband repeater is not a simplex repeater.  If you
>are going to operate in the Amateur Radio bands, you can use a dual-band
>transceiver with the cross-band repeat function, such as Alinco's
>DR-605T.  In the commercial bands, you can use Link Communications'
>TCB-1 Tactical Communications Bridge to connect two radios together.
>Motorola offers several cross-band repeaters that comprise a R.I.C.K.
>and two mobile radios in a box with a power supply.  The R.I.C.K.
>interfaces two radios such as the GM300, M1225, SM50/120, or CDM750.
>
>You can use a "simplex repeater controller" such as Zetron's Model 19B
>Simplexor, but voice storage and playback is unnecessary in cross-band
>operation.
>
>73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY
>
>s_alajeel wrote:
> >
> > hi all can any one tell me how set 2 radios back 2 back to do
> > uhf/vhf Crossband Simplex Repeater????????
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links
> >

>Yahoo! Groups Links

K5JMP
www.qsl.net/k5jmp