Randy the sq gate mod usually takes COS from Q18 the transistor that
does audio muting. (At front/middle of the card near JU10)
Its a general purpose NPN M9642, you can pull one from an old card or
probably try 2N3904 etc to get it going..not sure on the sub. You can
check the operation of this transistor with a VOM on jumper J10. This
should be around 12v sq'd and near 0v when unsquelched. You can also
check to see if the card's squelch circuit is working by checking
board pin 9 which should be about 8v sq'd and near 0v unsquelched.
G.L.
- Ron
VE1AIC

--- In Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com, "randy kisthardt"