From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <Repeater-Builder@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 4:03 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] Sharing a receive site

> Hi, all --
>
> I am on the technical committee of an amateur repeater club. A club in the
next county has approached us to ask about sharing one of our 2m receive
sites with them. It's a commercial site and we are there at the pleasure of
the owner, who is willing to accommodate them and thinks that there are no
bad mixes.

> The other club has asked to share our 2m receive antenna and feedline, and
has volunteered to install whatever equipment we specify so that our site's
performance is not degraded.

> While this sounds doable to me, I am more of a digital guy than an RF guy.
What should we install in order to do this "the right way" without degrading
our site's performance?

> Our system transmits on 146.88 MHz and receives on 146.28.
> We use a Motorola receiver (I think it's a Micor).
> The other club's system transmits on 147.345 and receives on 147.945.
> Both have links in the 440 band.
> Neither system will transmit on 2m from this site.
>

> Any advice or recommendations as to architecture, equipment that works (or
doesn't work!), or points to be included in a Memorandum of Understanding,
would be appreciated.