Hi all,

I'm sorry if my explanation of this problem is incomplete.

The RC-850 was connected through a modification to the squelch gate card.  I
didn't do the mod, but I believe it was done using instructions for
modifying a Micor station on repeater-builder.com.

As for how it got on that frequency, I don't know.  The repeater was
purchased, on that frequency, from a ham club in Iowa, I believe.

I don't know what resources the Motorola shop has.  The director of
emergency management has been doing all of the communication with them so
what I get is from him.  From the sound of things, though, they're not to
helpful.

I have someone I trust work on my own machines, but it isn't politically
correct for him to work on the MSR.

The director of emergency management insists on a Motorola shop doing the
work, and there is only one in town.  He is willing to send it out of town
if it would be cheaper, or more effective.

Anyone know of anyone in southeast MN or southwest WI that would fit the
bill?

Thank you all for the responses thus far.  I'll try to get answers to your
questions and see if we can figure this out.

Thanks and 73,
Chris Peterson, KG0BP