At 03:43 PM 7/14/2004 -0000, you wrote:

For many rb cases... 40 watts is more than enough. 110
>watts out is more trouble than its work, especially
>an in/same band remote base.

<---This is what I was thinking too. All that for an additional 4 or 5 Db
seems like a waste to me.

I currently run a 2 meter remote with only 10 watts (although that's going
up to 60 but only because I'm replacing my old IC-22U workhorse with a much
newer radio for a remote base). 10 watts has been more than enough 99% of
the time.

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net