Aside from others' suggestions here ...  consider the possibility that,
for linking purposes, being somewhat deaf may not necessarily be a *bad*
thing.
There might be some benefit insofar as keeping some trash out, if you can
satisfactorily make the path as is, etc, etc.  YMMV.

..and, not to overly nitpick -- seeing 446.500  and thinking "Why not
43x.xxx  link-band ?"

Enquiring minds, and all that...

R Scott Gilmore  N8BQN   Saginaw   MI  USA
 ( "wrong" side of Line-A )