--- Dakota Summerhawk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ok so now that I have some understanding my belt for
> getting a repeater,
> what do I need wto do for getting either a
> commercial frequency or ham
> radio allocation for the unit? can I go to the FCC
> web site and request
> a pair?
> Thanks
> Dakota

For a ham repeater first you must have a ham radio
license.  If you do not have this go to arrl.org and
find out about it.

It will depend on the state or area you are in and
what frequencies you want to use.  The 144 mhz band is
usually filled up in most areas.  If you can find a
frequency that is not being used then you can just put
the repeater on any frequency that is legal for
repeaters.  It is usually beter to find the repeater
frequency coordinating body for the ham repeaters in
the area and ask what frequency pair is open in your
area.  If you do put on an repeater without doing this
and cause problems with other repeaters you will have
to remove your repeater.

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail