Dual ports are not required for BpBr cavity probes.

The decreased notch depth is probably due to the
lower Q of the smaller cavities... 4 or 5 inches.

Telewave does the same single port function without
the reactance rods. Their probe construction sets
up the same end result with less physical hardware.

Sinclair has a newer generation one hole cavity
port with two and three coax fittings on it.

Another means to and end...

cheers
skipp

ps: "fairly old...", "made in the 80's"..?

> "Paul Finch" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> that is one of Lloyd Alcorn's marvels.  He showed that design to me
a long
> time ago, it is BpBr, between the notch and the pass you should
have a
> really good duplexer.
>
> Paul

plexiglas rod
> held in place by hose clamps, in addition to the center tuning
adjust. And
> the harness is more like a notch only type as well, as each cavity
is T'd,
> not "in series" with the next one in that leg. I've *never* been
able to
> get a good, deep notch in this guy but it works "ok"...
>
> The thing is...I've never been able to find any paperwork on this
guy.

> Anyway, pics can be seen:
> http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/wacom.gif
> http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/wacom2.gif
> (the 2nd pic is pretty fuzzy but the label says it's a model
WP-678, the