At 11:42 PM 8/5/2004 -0000, you wrote:

>REAL EASY, It's not hard. You haven't seen many BpBr Duplexers have
>you?

<---Actually, I've seen tons of Batwing ones, Sinclair, even ol' Celwave
ones. Even the newer Wacom ones (now RxTx) have cavities in series, not
parallel.

The pass is tuned with the plunger (inthe center) and the notch is
tuned with the Rod (not plexiglass). The RF is applied at the
connector (one end of the internal loop) the other end of the loop
has a "cap to ground" adjusted by changing the dielectric of
the "cap" by adjusting the "rod". That's how it works in a very very
simplestic exp.

<---Thanks for the explanation. It must have to do with the propagation
mode to/from the cavity. It took awhile to wrap my head around a bandpass
cavity being in parallel with the feed and not in series with it.

Ken
President and CTO - Arcom Communications
Makers of state-of-the-art repeater controllers and accessories.
http://www.ah6le.net/arcom/index.html
AH6LE/R - IRLP Node 3000
http://www.irlp.net