We have done this many times with good to fair luck. We use a five 5' bracket and point all for dipoles at the tower. Does not work bad. Real close to omni.
73 Russ, W3CH

----- Original Message -----
From: Joel Mele
Sent: Monday, August 16, 2004 5:03 PM
Subject: [Repeater-Builder] DB-224 Tower Side Mounting

Has any one solved the problem of omni directional pattern distortion when side mounting a DB-224 on a tower ?

I've side mounted several DB-224's using the DB 5001 side mount kit.

The results agreed with the radiation pattern supplied by Decibel Products, i.e. a distortion of the omni pattern and signal attenuation off the tower leg that the antenna is mounted on.

Will different mounting distances off the tower leg improve the omni pattern ?

Can a 224 be mounted on each side of the tower with a phasing harness or power divider ?

BTW, the tower I'm using has a 42" face.

Any ideas will be appreciated.

TNX...Joel W4SLH