Sent: Wednesday, August 25, 2004 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [Repeater-Builder] New UHF repeater antenna suggestions

Would i want to go with the 408-A (406-420) or the 408-B (450-470)? Do you know if either of these antennas are tunable by the end user? The website is not clear about that. The repeater is going to be 441.850/446.850.

Thanks again for your input!

Tom

Chuck Kelsey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

DB-408 will give you decent gain without the extra length and cost of the
DB-420. It has 4-bays (8 elements).

It will give you good close-in coverage with HT's that the higher gain
antennas can't give. If most of your potential users are 10-15 miles away,
the DB-420 (8-bays, 16 elements) is not the best choice.

Chuck
WB2EDV