Joel Mele wrote:
Hello to the group:

The local ham club might be getting some Homeland Security funds from the County.

The group is considering equipment from Kendecom/Advanced Communication Systems.

I do not have any knowledge of, or experience with this manufacturer.    I would appreciate any comments or info the group might have concerning this equipment.

I have owned a few Kendecom repeaters in the past that were bought by the County because it wasn't politically correct for me to build and sell (or give) them to the County.

Out of about five that were bought, only one is still in service.  They are deaf and spurious by nature.  Tuning seems to fade over a short period of time like the Spectrum machines.  I had to add receive preamps to them to be even close to a Micor or Mastr II.

My advice is to keep looking....
Kevin Custer